Resources and Support
You may want extra support outside of the therapy room. Here is a list of some providers, both national and local.
• Alcoholics Anonymous
AA helps those with an alcohol addiction through support and meetings.
• Beaumont Society Transgender support group
A free helpline for children and young people in the UK, call 0800 1111 to talk about any problem.
• Cruse Bereavement Care
Help and support for those who have suffered a loss.
UK’s family support charity.
Mental health charity with local branches
• National Domestic Abuse Helpline Freephone, 24-hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline
• Oxford Nightline Oxford Nightline is a listening, support and information service run for and by students of Oxford and Oxford Brookes universities
• Oxfordshire Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Centre Supporting women who have experienced rape and sexual abuse
•Oxford Safe Haven An out-of-hours, non-clinical space offering crisis support, signposting, listening support.
A charity available 24 hours a day offering a confidential listening service to anyone in distress.
• Switchboard LGBT+ Helpline
• Victim Support
A national charity that helps anyone who has been affected by crime.
Therapy Professional Bodies
- British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
The BABCP is a multi-disciplinary interest group for people involved in the practice and theory of behavioural and cognitive psychotherapy.
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
The BACP is the leading accrediting body for UK counsellors and psychotherapists.
- British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC)
The BPC is an association of institutions, made up of psychoanalysts, analytical psychologists, psychoanalytic psychotherapists and child psychotherapists.
- The National Counselling Society (NCS)
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
- United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP)
The UKCP is a comprehensive register of UK Psychotherapists.
- United Kingdom Association for Humanistic Psychology Practitioners (UKAHPP)
The UKAHPP is a national accrediting organisation for all those who apply the theories of Humanistic Psychology in their work.